Re: carberator adjustment/color tune

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: carberator adjustment/color tune
From: "Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 21:55:13 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
hi Fred
rebuild kit came with gaskets for the jets.   I did not change the
adjustment on the floats. the car now runs worst than ever; this is the 3rd
or 4th attempt at rebuilding carbs on different cars and I always end up
bringing the cars some where to  fix what i can't figure out. Do you know
what the big screw with the spring on it near the temperature compensator
does . I turned that by mistake.  I  also think  i have a vacum leak
somewhere .  I need a new diverter valve or i need to eliminate the air
pump.  I have already removed  the EGR valve so I could put on an alloy
valve cover, which seems to make contact  with the first rocker. well this
story seems to just go on  and on so I'll cut it off here.
regards
al