Re: Drawings

To: <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Subject: Re: Drawings
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 22:08:58 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
"Scott A. Roberts" wrote:
> Gee, does anyone remember a time when there was personal
responsibility,
> rather than personal liability? Used to be, you were in charge of
your own
> stupidity, and if you got hurt, that was your own bloody fault.
Today, you
> do something stupid and get yourself hurt, or killed, and  you can
blame
> everyone but the one responsible(yourself) and sue the
> builders/designers/etc. of a product for your intentional or
unintentional
> misuse of it, and make yourself rich.

Steve Newell replied:
>Scott, ouch, I sprained my thumb deleting your email! Please send me
>your Triumph in compensation for my lost productivity and pain and
>suffering.

And last year I was standing in my workshop admiring the wall prior to
mounting a toolboard. In the process, a spare 3.45 diff entirely
spontaneously and without my intervention leapt off the floor and
broke my left big toe. I wrote a letter of complaint to BMW about the
incident (painful though it was) demanding restitution, words of
comfort and succour and a barrowload of deutschmarks or Euros.

Oddly, I'm still waiting. I wonder why?

Jonmac

IN THE SHADOW OF MY FATHER
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook