Of hubs, discs,and BOLTS...a question for the Triumphisti...

To: Triumphs-digest@autox.team.net, 6-pack-digest@autox.team.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net, 6-pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Of hubs, discs,and BOLTS...a question for the Triumphisti...
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 19:29:24 EST
It was actually 55 degrees here today so work could be done with the garage
door open and the heater off!

Project for the day....finish the sandblasting of the front suspension parts
AND disassembling the front hubs and discs. With plenty of PB Blaster (it
rules on my workbench)! and very little effort the four bolts came right out.
I want to replace all eight bolts so here is the question. The bolts have a
large raised X on them with a very small capital 'R' at the bottom (between
X's legs) and a raised dot directly above also between the legs of the X.  I
have seen a lot of markings for different grade bolts, etc., but this one
baffles me. Any ideas??? Are they (should they be) grade 8?

Thanks as usual, in advance.

Larry Morrison
TR250 risin' with the crocus in Colorado (Dave F. eat your heart out! You
Mainer!) eh yah