Re: frame question

To: naffy@netins.net
Subject: Re: frame question
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 13:33:40 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/11/01 9:50:14 AM Pacific Standard Time, naffy@netins.net
writes:

<< I am just wondering about water inside the frame and in all the nooks and
 crannies.  My thinking is that it won't be enough to cause serious rusting
 as it should dry pretty quickly anyway......but..................anyone have
 any other ideas or concerns?? >>

Gary - what car ?
Don't know if you're working with a TR6 or similar frame  but here's my
experience with a TR 6 frame: After I degreased and power washed mine, I let
it sit in the sun, blew compressed air thru every available oriface, then
turned
the frame over and did the same again - I was really surprised at how much
more water came out after flipping the frame over. Based on this, IMHO the
frame has considerable water holding capacity and considerable rust potential
exists IF one were to spray Waxoyl or some similar product in before
reasonable drying effort/time. YMMV.
Cheers
Jack Mc