Re: Momo wheel adapter

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Momo wheel adapter
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 22:05:39 -0000
Hi Mitchel
>From past experience with other Triumphs the wheel fitting on a lot of them
is identical, Dolomite, 2000, 2500, Herald, Toledo, so it is possible that
an adaptor for one of these would fit the TR6. Unfortunately I cannot say
for sure as I have never owned a TR6, but I think the column is very similar
to a Herald in the way the controls are attached so you may be in luck. I
suggest you try a wheel from a Spit (easy to find / borrow) if this fits and
the cowl is not fouled by the hub or the gap is not too big then the Momo
boss for most of these cars should go. You may need to drill the hole for
the horn pencil as some of the cars do not have centre push horns.

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon
1972 2.5PI Saloon