Re: Legitimacy of title

To: npenney@mde.state.md.us, spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, herald1200@home.com
Subject: Re: Legitimacy of title
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 16:35:46 EST
In a message dated 03/02/2001 4:50:41 AM Mountain Standard Time,
npenney@mde.state.md.us writes:

> Does the title go with the drivetrain and frame, or the body tub, or both or
> neither?  Don't know the "official" answer, though I've had it explained
> officially each way, and seen it done each way.

Some years ago I bought an RX7 that had been rebuilt from a total.  The
fellow I bought it from made his living doing this.  I thought it was a good
idea until I tried to trade it in.  No one wanted to touch it.  After much
investigating, I found that the only original piece to the car that matched
the title was the dash with number plate attached.  Even the firewall was a
replacement.  RX7's have the VIN stamped into the firewall, and mine was
blank.  He claimed it was a replacement part.

Apparently this was legal, but he did give me a full refund after 6
months.....

RH