RE: Help!! (long)

To: LYNDALABINE@aol.com
Subject: RE: Help!! (long)
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 15:09:12 -0800 l .boeing.com>
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Lynda :

There is a set available through British Frame and Engine that includes a
'harmonic balancer' (more correctly called a harmonic dampener), water pump
and generator/alternator pulleys for a modern 3/8" belt.  However, it's not
cheap, and really is intended only for racing applications.  BFE (and all
the usual Little British Car vendors) will also have the timing chain.

British Frame & Engine
4831 N. Ryland Ave
Temple City, CA  91780
by appt only
BFEKENG@aol.com

I don't know of any source for the timing cover new, but used ones are
plentiful and cheap. Try :
http://hometown.aol.com/tr3parts/page/index.htm

There are other modifications required to fit the TR4 frame to a TR3 body,
the mounting points are not all the same, the engine mounts are in a
different place, etc.  Like most things, it can be done, with enough work,
but it's not a simple change.

I believe reproductions frames are available, but they are made in the UK
and quite expensive, especially after you pay shipping to the states.  Try
Revington TR or Racestorations.

Revington TR
 Home Farm
 Middlezoy
 Somerset
 U.K. TA7 0PD
 Phone: 44 (0)1823 698437
 Fax: 44 (0)1823 698109
http://www.revingtontr.com/
revingtontr@compuserve.com

Racetorations
 Caldicott Drive
 Heapham Road Industrial Estate
 Gainsborough
 Lincolnshire
 DN21 1FJ
 England
Phone: 01427 616565
Fax: 01427 810593
http://www.racetorations.co.uk/
 Darryl@racetorations.co.uk

Shouldn't be too hard to find a used but useable/repairable frame.  If
nothing else, there are parts cars sold on eBay from time to time, for not
much money.  Try :
http://www.triumphsonly.com/ or
http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com/

Some other resources you might be interested in :
The 'Monster List' of British car vendors :
http://www.team.net/sol/britpart.html

And, the means by which I received your request, the Team.Net Triumphs
mailing list.  This is a network of thousands of Triumph enthusiasts
worldwide, mostly amateurs (including myself), but all passionate about
their cars.  Get more info at :
http://www.team.net/sol/britishlists.html

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver