Re: Electric Fan http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm

To: "Mike Kitchener" <mikek@wanadoo.fr>, pethier@isd.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electric Fan http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm
From: pethier@isd.net
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:47:07 GMT
>You haven't heard MY engine running <g>BTW , it's a Triumph .

Both my Europa and my TR4 have fairly loud exhaust systems.  The Europa has
a bundle-of-snakes 4-1 header dumping to a Chevette muffler and a short
tailpipe.
 Still, I can tell when the fan comes on.

The TR4 currently has the stock mechanical fan.  The exhaust was built last
May by a Midas guy in San Antonio.  Stock manifold, one glass-pack in the middle
of the car.  Fake Monza tips, which actually look very nice, on the back.  I
think it is louder than the Europa, and modern electric fans are probably a
great deal more refined than the stock Europa electric, so you may be right
about not hearing an electric.

My wife and I were on our way to our first Minnesota Triumphs meeting together.
 We came up on a TR6 waiting for a light.  The lady riding shotgun in the TR6
was thinking, "What a loud car!  Must be one of those young kids,,, Oh! It's
a TR4!"  As we pulled up next to them, they saw we were a middle-age couple
with big smiles on our faces.

Phil Ethier