Re: Rally clock etc. [and Electric Fan]

To: steven@cravetechnology.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rally clock etc. [and Electric Fan]
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 20:33:26 FILETIME=[E659E7D0:01C08AFB]
Cc: sweisman@gis.net
Greg P. and Adrian -- onto which I might bolt a nice Heuer
>clock if I had $500+ to spare. I've also looked at the Autostorica
>tripmeter.
>Anyway, any suggestions for cheaper but period looking dash clockery?
>Or nice tripmeters?
>
>Also, if I mount an electric fan on the dash to keep my wife/navigator cool
>during hot summer rallyes, will I need to.... just kidding. <g>

You may want to check with local sports car clubs, old road racers to
see if they have any old rally/timing gear to sell. My local club has a
couple of old Heuer dash mount watches they used to use for rallye
timing (before they went electronic)... I've been after them for a
number of years to sell them to me... So far no go... You might luck
out.

My Father-in-law has an old "Peppermill" mechanical computer somewhere
in his attic. When I get some time I'm going to see if I can find it:)

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)