re: SS exhaust manifold

To: TYGRTR3@aol.com
Subject: re: SS exhaust manifold
From: Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 10:27:33 -0500 jwimkrs1.na.jci.com/NA/Johnson_Controls(Release 5.0.4 |June 8, 2000) at 01/25/2001 09:46:04 AM
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
>.....The engine is from a TR-4...put 87mm pistons and a little hotter cam
so I want to go with a free >breathing exhaust...does anyone make a
stainless exhaust header/system that will fit a TR-3?....
>Bill Krebs'61 TR-3 ("scotti") TS70048L (Now LO)

I put a header on my '58 TR3A, which also has a TR4A engine in it, 5 years
ago (wow, has it been that long?!?). Both Moss and Victoria British had
them at the time, although I can't find one now in either of their
catalogs. I bought mine from Victoria British. It has 4 long pipes that go
down and then bend toward the rear where they are collected into one just
past the starter. It seems they were advertised as "chrome", not stainless
steel, but nevertheless, mine hasn't rusted and has only slightly
discolored to a dark blue shade. The VB part number was #6-4600, and the
Moss part number was #865-018. I'm sure the prices would be higher now, but
I paid $120 for mine and Moss wanted $200. Don't know if either still
carries them, but it couldn't hurt to check.

Hope this helps.

Jeff W.
Belleville, MI
'58 TR3A TS36916L (now LO)