Camshaft Advice Needed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Camshaft Advice Needed
From: Eric Miller <ebuzz@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 21:24:49 -0800
Hi - I am in the process of building my TR4a engine and now need to choose
a camshaft.  I am going with new 87mm pistons/liners, am planning on
shaving the head for 10 to 1 compression ratio, and have a header that I
may or may not use (I would rather not if I don't have to).  My goal is
more hp without sacrificing low end torque and a decent idle.  I do have a
cam ground to "D" specs that came as a spare with the car, but my
understanding is that this cam is most effective at higher rpm.

Anyone have any good advice on specific brands/grinds that will fit the bill?

Thanks,
Eric

65 TR4A