Re: TR6 brakes

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 brakes
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 09:16:05 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Paul Mitchell" <paul-m@mweb.co.za>
Message text written by "Phil Ethier"
>>Here's a quiz... I noticed yesterday that the brake pedal in my 74 TR6
>had to go almost to the floor before the brakes worked. Today, they are
>back to normal, i.e. less than an inch of travel before they start to
>work. I also have the impression that I had to press them harder
>yesterday to get them going.
>How come?

Cornering?  Happens to my TR4 and folks tell me it is normal.  Dunno if it
is mormal for TR6.
<

It's not normal but mine does it.  I double - triple checked the tightness
of all the bolts, replaced the wheel bearings all to no avail.  One theory
is that the rotors have been turned too thin.  Haven't checked that out
yet.

Question:  are you running DOT5 fluid?

My TR3 doesn't do it nor does my TR8 (which are both running DOT4).

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA
57 TR3 (DOT4)
71 TR6 (DOT5)