RE: Fuel Pump Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fuel Pump Question
From: Brian Ruess <brian.ruess@merant.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 13:22:19 -0800
How about putting in a fuel filter that is badly clogged from trapping
gunked sucked out of the old fuel tank?  That has always worked very
effectively for reducing fuel pressure at the carb for me in the past.

More seriously, I envy your problem and have only ever had the opposite
problem.  If a mechanical restrictor is too expensive and the life of the
current fuel pump is not the issue, how about a hose clamp around the line
between the pump and the carb which you could gradually tighten, restricting
flow, until you obtain a proper output pressure.  Note, this could
eventually fry your pump.

> but how do we solve the problem of too
>much fuel pressure?

Brian.