RE: TR6 - Restoring Rubber Bumper Overriders

To: Chip19474@aol.com, " " <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 - Restoring Rubber Bumper Overriders
From: "Eric Conrad" <conrade@qwest.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 09:37:54 -0700
Chip,
It's good to hear that another '6 owner is keeping the rubber overriders.

You don't give a real impression of what state these overriders are in, but
you imply they are scratched a little.  Your thought of using a scotchbrite
pad seems that it would be effective to remove scratches, but I would be
concerned about breaking through the "cured" (or flat) outer surface of the
rubber.  Possibly a buffing wheel would do the trick?

As for bringing back the black of the overrider, might I suggest "Mothers
Back to Black" rubber restorer.  I picked my bottle up at Pep Boys for a few
bucks.  It works better than anything else I've tried.

Good luck,
Eric
'76 TR6 (CF52678U +O) - Painting complete, now ready to run the wires, lower
the engine, and just plain drive it)