Re: Car Cleaning/Wash/Wax Questions [fabric softener]

To: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Car Cleaning/Wash/Wax Questions [fabric softener]
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:07:51 -0700
"R. Ashford Little II" wrote:

> 4)  Rag/towel cleanup:  After one is through removing the dirt and debris
> from one's car what is the best way to clean the towels.  In particular, I
> remember throwing them in the washer once and getting a wax buildup/residue
> on inside.  Also it doesn't appear to be a good idea to use the fabric
> softener as it tends to reduce the towel's absorption if used.

The instructions for my Hobie's (expensive sunglasses in my book, but
they were on sale) said to clean them with a soft cotton cloth, but don't
use fabric softeners on the cloth -- I think it said there are abrasives in it.
Um, I try to use only Triumph club t-shirts regardless, which only have
fabric softener if my wife did the laundry, since I always forget.

Anyway, it's probably not a big deal, unless you're really being meticulous.

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO