TR6 Exh. Manifolds

To: "INTERNET:CC50506@aol.com" <CC50506@aol.com>
Subject: TR6 Exh. Manifolds
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 22:34:30 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:CC50506@aol.com
>The later TR6s had a dual manifold and exhaust system, will the later
exhaust
manifold bolt up to the early head (I know the intakes are quite
different).
If not what am I looking at to fit the later head?  Would a later head bolt

on without compromising the early cars higher compression ratio?
<

Yes they will.  Overlay one of each style manifold gasket and you will see
that all the holes line up except the intake ports -  and those are only
off by a bit.  I am currently running a single exhaust manifold on a 73
model engine in my 71 TR6.  I am sure the opposite combination will work as
well.

Dave