TR-6 Clutch Question

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR-6 Clutch Question
From: "Patrick Bitton" <pbitton@axess.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 17:09:51 -0500
Good evening listers,

I am having a little problem with my clutch. I assembled the master clutch
and slave cylinder as well as the rod to the clutch arm. I tried to bleed
the clutch system and noticed that the clutch arm on the transmission box
only moves about 1/4" back and forth(by hand). By pumping the clutch pedal,
eventually the insides of the slave cylinder pop out because the clutch arm
does not move back when I release the clutch pedal. Should the clutch arm
have, kind of a spring load that returns to it's orignal position after the
clutch pedal is released?
Also, when the car is in gear, I can't turn the mainshaft(which is normal).
But whent he shifter is in neutral position, the shaft will turn and so will
the wheels. Is that also normal?

Thanks,

Patrick

ps. I am not a mechanic, but know how thinks go together.