Re: who should I send my instruments to?

To: <steven@cravetechnology.com>, <herald1200@home.com>
Subject: Re: who should I send my instruments to?
From: "John Day" <dayj@inac.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:30:48 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Scott (you ARE new to the list) - a DPO is a 'Dumb Previous Owner" - that most
dreaded of lower life forms that takes it upon themselves to 'fix' or 'improve'
the car by any number of means. For instance, I bought my 1976 TR6 in 1979, but
because I was not the original owner, there was, yes, a 'DPO'. This particular
DPO cut a hole in the glove box of the wood dash in order to install an FM
antenna booster! I since removed this useless gadget and put a dash plaque over
the hole (thus justifying the plaque's function). Anyway, you get the idea.
Sometimes only 1-owner cars can be immune to the ravages of the DPO since we
take more care to originality today than when these were everyday cars. Of
course, 'P' can also stand for 'Present', but thankfully those are fairly rare!
Cheers, JD

>>> "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com> 01/19 11:21 AM >>>

What is a "DPO" ?

Scott
64 Herald 1200 Convertible, on the cusp of a first start(trying today :)   )