TR3 F/Bearing Problem fixed !

To: "TRlist" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 F/Bearing Problem fixed !
From: "Pat" <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 11:21:07 -0800
Well, here I sit rather a little red faced... probably the same place
everyone of us has been at at some point in this project.

Remember a few weeks ago I posted a note asking about a front wheel bearing
that has a "flat" spot ?

Well, home today sick (yes really) I got boared and decided to start taking
apart the front suspention. So, after each and every bolt and washer I
retried the rotor. Sure enough, after I took off the bolt holding on the
rotor backing plate and it's mate (connected by the metal tab thingy) above
the rotor turned just great !

It turned out to be that metal locking tab for the two bolts. It was
squished and twisted in such a way that it hit someting in the hub each time
round. So, replaced it and off I go !

Thanks all for you help in this.
Pat