Re: drag coefficient-Heralds

To: "Will" <tr6@mac.com>
Subject: Re: drag coefficient-Heralds
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:28:47 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Since were on the subject, what is the drag coefficient and wind resistance
factor of a Herald? Is there an appropriate or approximate equiveliency
ratio to that of a mis-shapen brick? Would skirts and a faux wedge nose(ala
mopar superbird) coupled with a tail cone and a few deflectors increase my
airflowability? Should I fiberglass over all the openings, remove the
windshield and frame then make a fiberglass tonneau cover, with just a head
hole to see through, in order to slick up the car? I wish to squeeze every
last  drop of speed out of her- I hope to get up to 84-85mph, and somewhere
around 3 or 4 MPG more- will these mods help? Are there kits available to do
stuff? Are you appalled yet and wonder if I'm serious? I'm considering a jet
fanny-pack adapter to help her break her stop to go time. Have you gotten
the joke yet???

Scott
64 Herald 1200 Convertible, with no mods of that type, an' thass' way iss
gonna be.....Also a terrible sense of humor. :)