Cheap Parts = Dubious Quality?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Cheap Parts = Dubious Quality?
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:51:33 -0800 (PST)
Hi guys,

Thanks for the input on the Wheel locking up.

Unfortunately, according to the big three's parts manuals, TR-6 Brake Hoses
aren't the
same as TR-4 . . . (of which I have spares in my own stock) so I have to go buy
some
more parts.

I got on the phone to the local parts shops. . .
One said they could order them for $27 each!   (Moss is only $16 list)

Then I called the local Bap / Geon store.
They told me they had them for $10 each.

Being skeptical, I asked for specifics. . .
two hoses in stock:

One is Beck/Arnley World parts from Nashville Tenn.  Made in USA

The other is Nelson Stokes Ltd. of Cornwall England.  This one has a coil spring
wrapped around the hose.

I know that gambling on cheap brake parts isn't the brightest thing in the
world to do,
but I'm tempted to give them a go.
If they were manufactured in Taiwan or something. . . I might be a little more
warry.

Just curious what other listers think?

Scott
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/