Inertial Reel Seat Belts x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: bob <rmf3860@erols.com>
Subject: Inertial Reel Seat Belts x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 20:34:33 -0500
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by bob
>I removed the drum like mechanisms to paint/clean/detail and hopefully
figure out how to increase the tension (ability to retrieve the belt) on
the spring.  From what I see, the coiled-up spring doesn't look like
it's slipped in any way, so has it just become weak?  Incidentally, if
you're thinking of taking these apart, hold on to that spring when the
cover comes off, because there's a real "jack in the box" in there.

Any suggestions on how to increase the tension?
<

Yeah,  just rotate the spring and retainer in the retract direction to
increase the preload.  Don't overdo it or you'll overstress the plastic
spring anchor in the cover and then you'll have no retract at all.  Ask me
how I know.

Dave