Re: RE; Triumph return?

To: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: RE; Triumph return?
From: Will <tr6@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 20:20:27 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Geographically closer perhaps - but by no means more informed, or even
>informed at all! I can't get a handle on the parts side of things
>because that all seemed to die a death when BMW ditched Rover..

>  I also noted recently that the TR6
>bodyshell has now been discontinued (at least, Rimmers aren't selling
>any more after their stock is exhausted) and there are rumbles that
>the licensing for 'classic' Mini bodyshells by BMH has also gone a bit
>pear-shaped.
>

>Jonmac

Having just read the article on reshelling in Practical Classics I
was hoping you might be able to shed some light on the reason for the
TR6 bodyshell being discontinued. Could it be poor sales brought on
by the bad reputation of the early output, (or am I confusing them
with TR7s)? <g>

It seems strange that BMIHT produce MG shells in so many varieties,
including some not offered by the factory, but seem to have failed
with the TR. Perhaps the production is just suspended & may resume if
demand builds up?  According to Practical Classics Rimmer Bros. are
down to their last 6 shells, but they don't mention stock levels at
BMIHT or Moss. Oh well, guess I got one just in time!

--
William Davies
1975 TR6 PI