Re: Anybody redone GT6+ seats ?

To: Ken and Elizabeth <BethKen@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Anybody redone GT6+ seats ?
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 06:09:20 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Yes I did mine, and apart from the material being not EXACTLY like that in
my original set it wasn't bad.  Mine were ordered through Victoria British,
(my mistake) but at the time I did mine, they were the only ones carrying
any kind of set that I knew about.  The only real difference that anybody
can tell, and that is if you know, is that the pleated middle section
doesn't have the perforated look of the original.  It's just smooth pleated
vinyl.  Not unpleasant, but not original either (I retained my original set
just in case I ever do it again so I still have a reference).  As with any
reupholster job it's a royal pain in the A**, and especially this one as it
has many more separate pieces to do than say a later model Spitfire.  I did
have to fabricate some of the foam pieces as mine were deteriorating, and
again, at the time none were available for the 1970's.
But if you have nothing else to do, and want the challenge, go for it!

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)