TR4: generator pulley part snafu

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4: generator pulley part snafu
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 15:11:38 -0700
Late last night / early this morning I wrapped up the install of
my rebuilt generator on the TR4 in anticipation of a 60 degree
day and a nice commute here in Denver.

After bolting it on, polarizing, and setting up the wires, a short
running test found it running fine. Except that the generator fan
behind the pulley was rubbing against the generator body.
When I'd put them on I thought there ought to be a spacer or
something, but didn't see one in the Moss catalog. And it was
late, and dark, and my wife has a cold....

But I did see one on my old generator when I looked in the
wee hours of the morning. It's about 1/2" deep, and fits like
a ring around the generator shaft. Looks like I'll be doing it
over tonite, though I'll go for an earlier start I think.

Before I do, is there anything else I could have missed?

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO