Magnesium TR4 wheels.../ Was TR6 Aftermarket Wheels Identification

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Magnesium TR4 wheels.../ Was TR6 Aftermarket Wheels Identification
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 10:22:38 EST
In a message dated 01-01-01 04:04:49 EST, Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu writes:

<<
 The down side of true magnesium wheels is that they are subject to
 deterioration over time,  >>

Gary,

American Racing Wheels.  "Silverstones".  The ones with the threaded center
"nok off" (which is purely decorative) are usually not as wide as the ones
with the "hex" center.  A dealer option, about $76/wheel.  All Silverstones I
have seen have had painted grey spokes.

Jim is absolutely right.  Magnesium deteriorates.

Those old wheels are an accident waiting to happen.  In the interest of
public safety I will be happy to dispose of them for you.  I'll even pay your
shipping charges and send you four steel wheels in exchange.  That goes for
anyone with a set of these wheels, even the aluminum ones.  Be safe.  Just

Really, give 'em a good look.

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA