leaky OD

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: leaky OD
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 20:51:46 EST
is there a simple tool to make for tightening the brass drain plug on the
bottom of an A-type overdrive unit?

Carl Sereda
'63 TR4 since '74 - CT22326L

FWIW, I found that my gasket for the drain plug was cracked on one side,
resulting in a leak no matter how I tightened.  (I finally figured it out when
the over-tightening broke the other side)  A new gasket solved that particular
leak.
In the meantime, several people suggested making up a special tool to tighten
the later plug (even though my OD has the early plug with the hex flats on
it)...
Randall<<