Re: DO Trany Leak

To: Justin Paxton <justin@Bexel.com>
Subject: Re: DO Trany Leak
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 21:14:08 -0500
Cc: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Justin Paxton wrote:

> Anyone have a suggestion on how to cure a leak from the brass drain plug on
> a TR4 OD transmission?  I have tightened it as much as I can.  Quantum, who
> did the rebuild, has not returned my calls and I am tired of wiping up the
> mess.

  I don't know the particular overdrive well, but you
can get "Stat-o-seal" brass washers for hydraulic leaks.

  They have an o-ring embedded into the inside of the
ring, so along with the usual brass sealing washer
there is some backup.

  I used a pair to seal up the leaks on my J-type.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca