: pinion seal leaking on a GT6 / Spit

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: : pinion seal leaking on a GT6 / Spit
From: "Ken and Elizabeth" <BethKen@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 14:07:41 -0500
.

I took "Big Red" out for a run today, and discovered that the new pinion seal
that Bill installed in the used differential he installed for me is leaking.
Here are my questions before I talk to him:

1.) Is it normal, or possible that it's leaking because it's fresh, or
overfilled...something that will "heal" itself ?

2.) If not, is there nay way he can say it's not his problem because the unit
was used? In other words, can there be something "askew" with the unit itself
that would make it impossible for a new seal to be effective?

Thanks in advance;

ken shapiro