TR4-4A dash brace

To: staffel@home.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4-4A dash brace
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 16:17:46 EST
>>>. . I was tired of banging my R.knee on the  metal
dash support, especially when wearing shorts in the summer.<<<

Sherman,
I did the same thing in 1975 and now 25 years later am reversing it back to
TR4 original style again!
The more modern TR4A brace actually takes up considerable more 'side' room
when it comes to leg room. I'm a little over 6'1" and could crook my right
leg to get needed length room but when I installed the TR4A brace I lost a
couple inches of important sideways room.
I really like the TR4A brace - looks a lot better and protects a vulnerable
spot of rugging around the stick shifter - but this time around going to try
going back to the original brace for the skoshe extra sideways knee room..
ps; the first TR4A braces have what they call the 'volcano' lipped opening
for the stick shift. Later they made that hole 'flat across' for TR250 and
TR6. If you have the volcano type you can NOT buy a new cover for it as they
only make the covers for the flat hole type. (don't strip your old one till
you see the new cover!)
If I am wrong please let me know where you bought the 'volcano lipped' type
new cover.

Regards
Carl Sereda
'63 TR4 since '74 - CT22326L