Re: [Re: Home Powder Coating]

To: Thomas Knopp <tomknopp@usa.net>
Subject: Re: [Re: Home Powder Coating]
From: Wayne Whippo <WayneWhippo@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 11:35:13 -0500
Cc: Wayne Whippo <103215.373@compuserve.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Thomas,

I got my gun from Eastwood and it works very well, but I hear that
Harbour Freight has one with a foot pedal to turn the power on instead of
a hand held button which would be nice.

The gun and electronics are all hooked together.

Eastwood sells the paint, but I got my paint from Fred Thomas when I start
back in 1998. He got together a group of PCers and bought it in the 50lb
boxes
and each of us got 5 or 10 lbs. We got gloss black, flat black,
camaro/ardent
silver, gloss clear, semi-gloss clear(clear for over the silver) and white.

The cost then averaged about $3.75 per lb, including shipping.

The PCers on the list should get together and do the same thing.

Wayne Whippo
Boulder, CO
1972 TR6

Message text written by Thomas Knopp
>This discussion has got me interested in setting up a powder coating
system.
Wayne, you have explained your approach to the oven.  What does is take
(cost)
to acquire the rest of the system, the gun, the electronics, etc.  What is
good source.  Thanks for the info.
Tom Knopp
1973 TR6, just about ready for the road after a 3 year redo.
<