Re: Total Cylinder Count

To: gt6driver@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Total Cylinder Count
From: GreenBugeye@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 23:34:01 EST
In a message dated 12/13/00 3:54:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gt6driver@yahoo.com writes:

> --- Kurt <koblinger@linkline.com> wrote:
>
> > current total cylinder count = 53
>
> Maybe I missed the definition.
>
> Do they have to be functional to be counted or can I
> include the 6 cylinders under my work bench?
>
> John Donohoe
> tcc: 37 (give or take 6!)

Total cylinder count was addressed in this month's Road & Track magazine by
columnist Peter Egan.  Well worth a look.  Yes, the 6 under your workbench
count.  As do your lawn mower, weed eater, motorcycle, etc. -- any internal
combustion cylinder you currently own.  That's your total cylinder count
(TCC).  Your lifetime cylinder count (LCC) includes any cylinder you have
ever owned.  Cars you've sold, lawnmowers the trash truck hauled away, etc.
count in LCC, but not TCC.  The whole discussion started when Egan went to a
fly-in and sat with his buddy, who has a weed-eater-motor powered margarita
blender.....  Gotta love Egan!

Chris
59 Bugeye
59 TR3A