Re: TR4A solid axle frame questions

To: <Rikrock@aol.com>, <TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4A solid axle frame questions
From: "Bill Dewar" <pcdelux@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 21:59:59 -0500
Hi Rich and list

  BTDT  on the frame switch, although I went the other way around.
Much easier to convert from IRS to solid axle as you are mostly removing
parts.  The large rear cross member that the axle mounts to, off. The center
rear axle, halfshafts and trailing arms and shock links, off. Add new solid
axle, new leaf springs, new front and rear spring hangers, and new shock
links.
The rear shocks are also different I think. I seem to remember the levers
bent differently. The rear brake lines are routed different and the fuel
line
is bent different to clear the solid axle. The drive shaft is the same. I
can't
think of anything else so I hope this helps.

Bill DeWar
Piscataway NJ
(home for unwanted Triumphs)