Re: Mysterious clicking-broken spring

To: "Paul Mitchell" <paul-m@mweb.co.za>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mysterious clicking-broken spring
From: "Chad & Ariane Jester" <ajester@kscable.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 10:29:57 -0600
Paul,

You are almost certain to do long term damage.  A broken valve spring can
allow the valve retainer to come loose.  That will allow the valve to come
down and dance around on top of your piston.  Can you carry a new engine
back from the UK?  If so, go ahead and run the car.  If not, stop now and
wait until you get the parts to fix it.  Its not worth the risk.

Chad