Re: TR6 Occasional Pulsation/Vibration Under Braking

To: sexton@starmark.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Occasional Pulsation/Vibration Under Braking
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 09:21:57 EST
In a message dated 00-12-08 20:25:02 EST, sexton@starmark.net writes:

<<  While driving under throttle, lightly touching the brake pedal
 generates a pulsation. >>

Bob,

You didn't mention the condition of the front brake rotors (disks).....have
they ever been checked for warp?  I was fooled once with the exact symptoms
you described and swore it was the rear drums.  After I had the drums cut
true, I still had the pulsing.  The problem was a warped front rotor.  I
replaced both rotors because there wasn't enough thickness to cut them
true....

Good luck,

chip