TR6 engine - how much work to do?

To: "Boothroyd, Frank" <Frank.Boothroyd@northatlantic.nf.ca>
Subject: TR6 engine - how much work to do?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 18:51:50 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Boothroyd, Frank"
>Now my question to you knowledgeable folks is this:  would you also
inspect/replace the camshaft at this time?  And all the pistons and rings
and whatnots?  Does one HAVE to have the engine removed to that stuff?  I'm
hoping you'll tell me "No, Frank, you can do the pistons and camshaft and
stuff without pulling the engine and so why not do it next winter when
you've recovered financially from this winter."
<

Frank,

No, Frank, you can do the pistons and camshaft and
stuff without pulling the engine and so why not do it next winter when
you've recovered financially from this winter.

BTW, Improved oil pressure may increase your oil consumption IF you have
bad valve guides but not by much.

DAve