Re: '69 Spit - Radiator removal

To: steph71tr6@crosswinds.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '69 Spit - Radiator removal
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 08:12:33 EST
In a message dated 00-12-05 08:07:20 EST, steph71tr6@crosswinds.net writes:

<< Anybody sees a problem with me leaving the engine without coolant (at least
 partially) for an extended period of time?  Anything I should do to make sure
 I won't have any bad surprises in the spring? >>

Steph,

I think your biggest concern will be rodents scampering up the open coolant
hoses and making a nice comfy den in the water jacket!  I would suggest
capping the upper and lower hoses or block openings with rodent-proof
material.  You'll probably get some "skin rust" internally from normal
moisture/condensation in the barn but it shouldn't be an issue.

Good luck with the cleaning.....

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (chassis finished - working on body & engine)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (tucked away for a long winter's nap)