vintage rallye info wanted

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: vintage rallye info wanted
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 14:33:06 -0700
Next summer I'm planning to enter a couple short rallys -- at least Glenwood
Springs, and the Covered Bridge Rally in Ohio (I'm practising for the Round
Britain Reliability Run in a few years, John <g>) -- as a novice driver. For
homework this winter, I'm looking for the following:

- recommended reading? books, magazines, web sites...
- tips, stories, experience (any recent first timers out there?)
- suggestions for enhancing my navigator's enjoyment*
- car set-up tips (my TR4's a daily driver, in good mechanical condition)

I'd appreciate any recommendations, anecdotes, and technical suggestions.

*that would be my wife Pam, who had no sense of direction and limited
map reading powers. But she does enjoy driving about.

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO