Re: Gasket sealer?

To: Angelo Graham <a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject: Re: Gasket sealer?
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:31:43 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Angelo,

Every cork gasket I install, I soak in warm water for 1/2 hour. Using a gasket
sealer that is silicone based can cause trouble (fuel line blockage) if some
falls into the gas tank. My current sender gasket is of some sort of rubber.

You may try soaking in some thin oil like 3 in 1. That may make it stay pliable
for a while. But since the sender is screwed in, I would think that an initial
seal soaking in water would be just fine even if the gasket dries out.

Bob Labuz
1958 TR3A
1974 T140V