A long winter's nap

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: A long winter's nap
From: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:27:52 -0800 (PST)
After an uneventful driving season for me the annual
ritual of putting the Triumph away for the season came
quicker than expected and was scheduled for this past
weekend.  So on Saturday morning I put CF18928 down a
long winter's nap.  But first Trevor and I went for a
ride - and it was a glorious one.  My original plan
was to just make the 10 mile drive to the storage
facility as quickly as possible and return home.  But
when I looked out from my garage that lame idea all
changed.

Snow that had fallen over the past week lined the dry
highways.  And although the temperature was barely in
the 20s the day was brilliantly sunny - the kind that
hurts your eyes when reflecting off of all that white.
The ski season started a few weeks ago and the snow
covered Vermont mountains that jutted out in the
distance beckonned to be driven towards.  How could I
refuse?  It would make up for all the nice days this
year that I had missed for one reason or another.  And
besides, the car needed to have a "hot" run before
being put away didn't it?

Needless to say I found myself turning right instead
of left and headed off down the interstate and through
the hills.  Absolute heaven!  I felt obligated to roll
down the window and hang my arm out as much as I
could.  The steering seemed crisp but that was
probably just me being bundled up in a heavy sweater.
The sport exhaust was humming and delightfully so was
I.  We got quite a few thumbs-up from the parade of
SUVs loaded with skis on the roofs.  I could have kept
driving until spring came but realized that all good
things must end.  So 90 miles later I pulled my friend
into the garage, wrapped him up, and promised that
we'd do much more together next year.

Now where did I put those parts catalogs!

Joe Merone
CF18928

http://shopping.yahoo.com/