I am not considering this, but what about a saab turbo motor in a tr-6

To: "Triumph Digest" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: I am not considering this, but what about a saab turbo motor in a tr-6
From: "Lewis Eig" <leig@crestron.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 19:43:34 -0500
dan's got some photo's of a tr6 with a ford mustang SVO, 4cyl turbo, got me
thinking about using some tr-7 parts (tranny, oil pan) mated to a saab 900
or 9000 turbo motor (available up to 225 horses), all the modern FI stuff,
etc...in a tr-6, my guess is that fitting a tr7 tranny to a tr6 is no small
feat, but easier than thrying to fit a ford tranny, or whatever else.

I am not planning this anytime soon (or ever) but thought it might be fun to
gain some insight.  I know the saab motor will prove much lighter, and
overall faster, than the stock motor.

and

I was out on long island today, around hicksville, (BJ's wholesale club),
stopped in at a service station with a red tr4a parcked outfront, some
sniffing found some pitted chrome, but overall a fairly decent car, has
anyone seen it????...had NY plates, "tr4" or something similar.

-Lewis

'74 triumph tr-6
'67 saab sonett II (#43 of 258 made)
'96 saab 900