Re: Stromberg Adjustment

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>
Subject: Re: Stromberg Adjustment
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 11:53:59 -0700
List,

After someone asked me a follow-up question on this I was checking the valve
guide and jets and found that my memory failed me...again.  I actually used
a punch to drive the jets out of my ZS 175 carbs NOT the valve
guide.  The punch was close to the same size as the outer edge of the jets
so as not to mess up the hole.  You only have
about 5/8 inch of jet that is in contact with the carb so it doesn't take
too much of an effort to get them out.

I did use the valve guide to when driving them back into the carbs.
When I put the jets back in I went past (closer to the bridge) the depth
that I was going for.   I measured the depth with a dial caliper that has a
small rod
that comes out the bottom which is perfect for this job.  I measured from
the top of the bridge to the
outside edge of the jet.

I took a 3/8 inch bolt (3 inchs long) ground the bottom flat (that makes it
contact only the outer edge of the jet) and double nutted it.   I used that
as my "adjustment" tool.  I'd set those double nuts to the depth I
wanted and checked it with the dial caliper.  Then I'd set the bolt on top
of the jet and tap it back down to the depth I was after.  Of course
measuring with the dial calipers all the time.

Sorry for the misinformation, hope this sets it straight.

Thanks
Bud Rolofson