RE: TR6 Fuel pump and lines

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 Fuel pump and lines
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 12:20:56 -0800
Cc: "'Joe Flake'" <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Joe :

I'm not absolutely certain, but I believe you should be able to get Moss P/N
376-220 (which is the equivalent piece for a TR3A-4A) and either rob the
fitting and ferrule (compression ball) from it, or use a compression union to
splice it into your existing line.  The fitting and ferrule are special pieces,
because the line is 1/4" but the fitting on the pump is 5/16".

Another solution would be to use 5/16" line at the pump (with a standard 5/16"
fitting and ferrule, which should be available at the local auto parts supply)
then find a way to splice it to the existing 1/4" line.  Some aftermarket Dodge
fuel filters used to come with a rubber piece to do that, but I don't know if
they still do.  A plumbing or hardware store would probably have a brass
compression fitting.

Most auto supply places will have a hand tubing bender, or check out
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3755

The last time I embarked on a project like this, I wound up buying brake tubing
and cutting the connectors off of it.  Next time, I'll probably order a roll
from JCW.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/item.jhtml?ITEMID=4736

Randall