Re: TR-6 PDWA

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Joseph J Burlein" <tr6guy@juno.com>
Subject: Re: TR-6 PDWA
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:09:52 -0700
Joe,

Pull the wire off the plug on top of the PDWA and unscrew the plug.  Not to
worry, nothing will come out...or at least it shouldn't if the o-rings in
the PDWA are still good.  You'll need a sharp pointed instrument of sorts
(an old dentist's tool works well) and a very bright torch to see down into
the hole.  You should be able to move the "dumbbell"  (the part that moves
back and forth in the PDWA) by pulling/pushing it with the sharp instrument,
but it does take a bit of effort to move it.  You will see that it has an
indentation that should be centered in the hole...if the "dumbbell" got
moved too far you might not be able to see it until you move it back and
forth so don't get discouraged if you don't see the indentation immediately.
Other than trial and error I don't know how to tell which direction way to
move it first, but you might be able to tell by figuring out which brakes
(front or back) that you bled first.  From my experience (if I remember
correctly) the "dumbbell" moved towards the brakes that I bled first, e.g.
the front ones in my case.  So I had to move the "dumbbell" away from where
those lines came into the PDWA.  Hope this makes some sense...but the bottom
line is just try it...you're not gonna make it any worse.  You're know when
you did it right cause your brake warning light won't be glowing any more
and your brakes will be working quite a bit better...at least that was my
experience.

Good Luck
Bud