TR7 BFH#25

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: TR7 BFH#25
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 16:43:52 EST
Well, will see how far I get this weekend.  I'm still concerned that the
front oil seal seems like such a "light" fit over the crankshaft.  T.Hoff
says that when they turned the crank, they only cleaned up the front shaft
where the pulley attaches, and didn't turn that part.

So, does the front oil seal normally not grip all that tight?  Any way I can
make sure it ain't gonna leak?  Put oil in the crankcase and tip the engine
forward?

Also, I plan to run the engine with 10-30 oil for the first 25 minutes.  Any
final comments on that?

Have a good weekend.

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7