paxton supercharger

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: paxton supercharger
From: Dave and Ann Smith <smithd@peak.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 08:42:18 -0800
I am in the middle of restoring a '61' TR3. The engine is in the frame and
running and the overdrive is finally working.
I'm now ready to put the body tub back on the car. Before I do, I would
like to decide which induction system to use. I was given a Paxton
supercharger that a friend put on his TR2 thirty years ago. He only left it
on for a month or so and then removed it because he was told it was hard on
the engine. I have Webers on the engine now, which you all have gotten me a
bit spooked about because of the fire hazard. I have the original SUs, and
I have the supercharger with it's little one barrel Holley carburetor. What
do you think?

Dave Smith