Re: Gasket Holes

To: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Subject: Re: Gasket Holes
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 23:24:24 -0700
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Michael,
The best way to make holes in home made gaskets is with a ball peen hammer.
Just lay the gasket material onto the surface that it will
meet and tap around the sharp edge of the unit with the ball peen to cut the
material.  THe holes will be perfect as long as you hold
the gasket in place without allowing it to slip.

Regards,
Joe

P.S. Don't try this on aluminum parts or you might mess up the surface.