TR6 shocks

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 shocks
From: Paul Mitchell <paul-m@mweb.co.za>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 19:58:15 +0200
List,

My 74 TR6 has tube shocks at the rear, installed by the PO. On one side,
at the top, with the wheel off, therefore the trailing arm hanging, the
top of the shock doesn't grip properly. There is a gap between the two
bushes, which should be 'gripping' the body mount. The shock doesn't
seem to 'push out' far enough to grip the mount. On the other side, it
is fine, the mount is pinched between the 2 rubber bushes all the time.

Does this mean I need to adjust the shock, or is there something
fundamentally wrong with it? I guess this could also explain why I tend
to lock the wheels easily when I do an emergency stop?

TIA

Paul