Re: More Bushings (tech, non-stock)

To: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More Bushings (tech, non-stock)
From: "Wendy Hart" <hartw@PLASTEKGROUP.COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 10:19:08 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Al" <Albert.Hart@Trans.ge.com>
Ok. Thanks to those who replied, I've learned more than I thought I could
about different types of bushings.

There is one thing I didn't get, and I'm sure it's because I didn't explain
my intentions:

We are planning on continuing our TR6 autocross project by converting the
car into an SCCA FP car. It will still be street legal (barely if I have my
way!) for Erie PA (uppermost northwest tip of PA, bordered by Ohio, Lake
Erie and NY), so it will most likely not be a highly competitive car
nationally. In our tiny SCCA region, we would do fairly well.

The car has some original bushings and some polyurethane. It has very stiff
springs (not sure what rate they are), Koni and Spax shocks, and anti-sway
bars on both front and back. Right now I can jump on the bumpers of the car
and it will not bounce.

I do not mind a ride quality that loosens tooth fillings, but like I
mentioned earlier, we plan on keeping the car streetable. Metal bushings
sound a kinda extreme and rubber does not appear to be sufficient for
competition, so that leaves urethane and nylon as my choices.

Opinions on what is better for us?

Thanks again,
Wendy Hart