help for the non-car-obsessed...

Subject: help for the non-car-obsessed...
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:42:35 -0600
Even my wife, who is indeed numbered among the non-car-obsessed, enjoyed the
closing article from the October 2000 issue of Automobile Magazine. "True
Believer," written by Jamie Kitman, compares car clubs and religion -- sort of.
He writes that "When times are down, I turn to [car clubs and old cars] for
solace. When things are good, I thank them for their beneficence.... It's an
admission of rare and desperate shallowness, but old cars are like my faith."

Also, and this is the part that my wife appreciated most, "Frankly, the
non-car-obsessed ought to be thankful for the existence of car club magazines.
The hours I spend reading them spare others from having to join in the
automobilized dialogue that's banging around in my head just about always."
Perhaps our sifting through up to 100 Triumph related emails a day is a favor to
our loved ones? <g>

Sorry, couldn't find an online link at automobilemag.com for the article.

--
Steven Newell